Thursday, April 30, 2009

Good Times....


Okay so life is not all doom and gloom. If you read my David Daily on the right hand side of the page you can understand my last post.

In fact yesterday was a pretty good day. We went to Wheeler Farm. The weather was perfect. It was warm with a little breeze to keep you from getting hot.

All the baby animals were out. The workers at Wheeler Farm let us pet some baby goats that were one week old. They also had lots of calves. There were two little older calves that would come right up to the gate and let you pet their soft coats. David loved feeding the ducks and geese.

Funny how we each have our own outlook on things. My sister Rebecca was there and at lunch she commented on how walking around made her want to have a farm. She could imagine having a cow and a pig and maybe some chickens. I said , "really?" I was just thinking to myself how much work it would be and how stinky it was. We are sisters but think so differently. I don't think I ever want to own a pet let alone take care of an entire farm.

The other really fun thing that happened yesterday was I went and picked up Steve from Trax. David came with me. On the way home we passed Gardner Village and a train passed over head. David loves trains. We took the route home by Sugar Factory so we could watch the train. Steve had his window rolled down and the conductor waived to us. In fact he blew his horn for us. David was in heaven. We drove along with the train up until we hit 2700 West. It really was so cute. The train blew it's horn when it passed a road and David would say "What's that? Choo, choo?" We definitely have to do that again. Funny how the best things in life are free.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys had fun - we went this morning, and had a blast too!

    ReplyDelete