Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Favorite Things


Yesterday I was doing the mom taxi thing and was thinking as a I drove. Noticing signs of spring that I love. Which led to me to think of other things I love so I thought I would just list 10 of my favorite things I like.
  • Lilac bushes- Big bursting lilac bushes. They are so pretty in full bloom, not to mention the fragrance.
  • Tulips- They come in so many colors and there are so many of them around town right now. They make any day brighter.
  • Chocolate Milk- Love it. Have to have a cup every morning with my vitamins.
  • Showers- The warm water waking me up. The soapy smells and the way I feel after.
  • Cool breezes. I love the fresh crisp air against my skin.
  • Cranking up a great song in the car by myself. I love little drives and thinking but when a great song comes on you have to crank the radio. I don't think anyone should listen to Def Leopard's Pour Some Sugar on Me if it's not at least cranked to deafening level on the radio (yes I love that song).
  • A child's giggle. Nothing makes me smile more than to hear one of my kids laughing whole-heartedly.
  • A clean kitchen. I love it when everything is in place. The counters are sparkling. The floor is swept and mopped and nothing is out of place.
  • Quiet time. I do love to listen to the radio but I love quiet time all by myself to think. And when the children are in bed and the house is quiet. I love those moments.

4 comments:

  1. Pour some sugar on me is on my playlist for good running songs. The early 90's ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ALL of those things. I would really love to have the clean kitchen right about now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are similar in so many ways!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post about your favorite things!! I love tulips as well, it means spring is coming! I love your David daily about the sugar!

    ReplyDelete