Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Drama

Our lives have finally slowed down a little. Three of my girls were in plays and they just finished their performances. Lexie and Sadie performed at the Sugar Factory Playhouse with the West Jordan Youth Theater.

Lexie was Rah-Rah Goobah. For all of you who don't know what that is, it is a stuffed rabbit that comes to life in Dreamland. Lexie has been taking a jazz/cheer class. It sure came in handy for this part. She was great.

Sadie was part of the "Dreaming Sea" and a Viny-Villan. Her part was small but she really shone. I am so glad my girls were able to participate in this play. There were a lot of kids who tried out and they were very lucky to get a part.

Anna landed the main part in her 6th grade Shakespeare play, Twelfth Night. She played Viola. I must say she did a great job having to memorize so many lines. I think her being only 12 and taking on such a big part was awesome. I would say she almost played in a foreign film because Shakespeare's wording is so foreign. I am so proud of all my girls and their talents. Good job! (Sadly I forgot my camera and didn't get a picture of Anna in her costume.)

1 comment:

  1. what fun pictures and costumes! I'm sorry we missed this last one! HOpe you are doing good with those little munchkins at home...is David having quiet time yet? Today I was flipping through channels trying to tape something for Joseph, and saw this weird SciFi channel that plays reruns of LOST regularly!!! How fun is that? Maybe I can just watch reruns for another 8 months - because yeah, it's not coming back until 2010!

    ReplyDelete