Monday, April 13, 2009

Birthdays are the Best


Another year has flown by! I had such a fun birthday this year. My birthday was on Saturday. With the Easter bunny coming on Saturday and our family Easter party I got to celebrate my birthday on Friday.

It was so fun! Steve got off work early and let me have a day for myself. First I went to lunch at Sweet Tomatoes with my sisters, my mom and my grandmother. Mmm, soup, bread and salad. It was delicious. I don't get to eat there much because Steve doesn't think it's a real meal. I mean no meat and potatoes, who would even think to make such a restaurant.

After lunch I went shopping for me, a rare thing. My mom and I went to Kohl's and found just what I was looking for. I came home with a big bag of outfits to choose from. What could be better than new clothes!

I came home for just a short while and then we went to dinner at Red Robin. The Blue Ribbon Burger was the best. And almost all my siblings were there and my parents. I love sitting around laughing with my family.

So a big thanks to all those who helped me celebrate and a BIG THANKS to my husband for watching the kiddies so I could have a day for myself. (I noticed I used a lot of exclamation points but anyone who knows me, knows I would have said those things with a lot of enthusiasm)

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Glad you had such a fun day! I also love Sweet Tomatoes--they have the best food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Day to you!! I am glad you had a good one! I also have noticed lately that I use a ton of exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the best kind of days. You seem to be more able to deal with real life after a day like that. Happy b-day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! I love Sweet Tomatoes too, it is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had a great celebration - sorry we missed all the fun! Happy, Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete