Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter


Easter is becoming one of my favorite holidays. Last year we watched "The Testaments" and had a little testimony meeting afterward with our children. I knew I wanted us to do that again but I wanted to do a little more so my children would reflect on the Savior for more than one day.

So I decided we should go to Temple Square. I am very proud of myself because we actually did it! Being a mother of six any outing is a huge ordeal and usually I chicken out. However I wanted us to go to Temple Square and be surrounded by the beauty and let some of the spirit there soak in. And it worked. We walked around and spent over two hours there. None of the kids complained and Sadie even said she had a good time. We didn't have any earth shattering testimony builders but it just felt good. During the drive home we spontaneously started singing songs as a family. Fun songs like, Row, Row, Row your Boat and other fun round-songs. It was the best.

Today we watched "The Testaments" movie again and had our testimony meeting. It is one of the most spiritual times in my life to listen to my children express their feelings of our Savior. It is a moment all of us are pulled close to Heavenly Father and reminded of our purpose here on this earth. I am grateful that I am blessed to have moments like that every so often which gives me a glimpse of what eternity will feel like.

3 comments:

  1. You are an awesome mother!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment. Being a mother is always a work in progress. And I hope to have done a few things right before my children are grown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We watched the Lamb of God on Easter. I am so grateful for what Jesus did for me.

    ReplyDelete