Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Today....


So today I really wanted to re-clean the kitchen, scrub the bathroom and dust and clean the living room. However when David starts the day off whining I know I am in trouble. This morning it took me over an hour to get ready because the two boys were taking their turns at crying or whining.

Finally I gave in. I bagged trying to clean the house this morning. I packed up and went on a walk. It gave us the break we needed. I enjoyed a half-hour of no crying and whining. The fresh spring air. And we walked on my new favorite route.

If you walk on the other side of Old Bingham there is a road that says DEAD END. The house on the corner has a goat or as David calls it a sheep. So we always look at him. Then we went all the way to the end of the road where there are two horses you can get right next to.

Then Lucy Jackman told me about a little pathway you can take at the end of the road which will take you to the next neighborhood. So I tried it and lo and behold there it was. It was just what we needed to make it through our tough day today.

I really wanted chocolate but Steve took the van and I wasn't able to indulge my craving. Although the day is not over yet so I just may need a little something.

3 comments:

  1. Even I have moments like this and I only have one child!! I love that walk, it is my favorite! We should start walking together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sound really nice. :) I wish we had some nice spring weather to take a walk in. It kind of snowed here today. :P

    I think today is a chocolate kind of day too. Or just fried fast food goodness...neither of which is good for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new widgets: Recipe and David Daily. Very fun. So cute. Did you look at the funny post on my blog? I think it's hilarious. That's great about the little walk. I was craving some treats last night but also wasn't able to go to the store. I am glad because it's so not good for me. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete