Saturday, July 18, 2009

Museum of Natural History

By the title I thought this place would be boring. It was so fun. They had a lot of interactive displays. Everyone was entertained including David.
The frog exhibit was awesome. They had so many species. Plus some fun props to take pictures on. Also Sadie loved these pictures the museum had that you looked at to try and find the frogs, then you could press a button which would light up where they were. Fooled me every time. I couldn't see one.
This was a big fish tank with frogs in it. You could stand in the middle where there was a hole and look through.They had live bugs to look at. Yuck! But still great for the kids. They even had this cute theater the kids could play with bug puppets.
Upstairs they had a big room with dinosaurs to look at. It is amazing such giant creatures once roamed the earth.
Upstairs there was also a big square-thing that was filled with sand and water that the kids could feel the sand between their fingers and form shapes with. My teenagers loved that. We ended with the fossils that you could find by brushing the sand off. Elijah loved the sand (maybe he wasn't supposed to sit in it).

3 comments:

  1. That looks really cool! I hope we can visit it someday too. :)

    Did you enter my blog contest? You must.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so fun! I have been wanting to take Macey there and seeing your post has given me an extra boost to make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fun!! I know the word musuem sound boring to me too! But looks like it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete