Friday, July 17, 2009

Cousin Week!

My brother lives in St. George and him and his five children came up to SLC for a week. It was great! We planned something fun everyday while they were here.

The first day we went to Discovery Gateway and spent over three hours there. My kids had so much fun, except the teenagers. However towards the end they got to explore the Gateway for awhile so it turned out great. I will have to post a picture when my sister emails them to me. I forgot my camera (hate that).

Day two was spent at Liberty Park. This is a nice big park with a water area for when it's hot.
Some of our cousins digging in the sand at Liberty Park
My brother Shane burying one of the cousins in the sandDavid coming down the slideCutest baby ever!Lexie enjoying the water part of the parkThe teenagers being bored (as usual)
On Wednesday we headed to Big Cottonwood Canyon. Loved it! I decided our family has to visit the mountains at least twice a month. It is so beautiful up there. Also it's cooler than in the valley and the kids had so much fun. We also promised to go fishing after visiting the lake. We could have stayed a lot longer but we forgot bug repellent and the mosquitoes were loving it.
There is a walking path around the lake at the top of Big Cottonwood. David loved the little prairie dogs (I think that's what they are called) that were everywhere. And the big rocks to jump off of.
Sadie took this picture. I love it with David and cousin Katherine's reflection in the water. They tried to see the fish in the water but just couldn't.
Me and my sisters and my mom. They are going to kill me for showing this picture because all of us are looking a bit "rough" but I sure love my family and enjoy spending time with them. I had to include this photo.

Thursday was bowling day. It was so fun. It certainly was not about the score when you have 10 kids but we loved it. Once again I forgot my camera.

By Friday I was exhausted! We had plans to do something but I couldn't. I was warn out from all that fun and so was Elijah. He hadn't had a good nap schedule all week. But we still ended the week with a bang because that night was the ward campout. Next year we need to plan another cousin week, it was so much fun!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds so great! It's too bad you left your camera. I would have loved some pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I didn't realize you guys did so much that week - we had no idea! I hope we weren't invited only because you knew we were sick...:) Thanks again for letting Sadie tend - I heard it was a little rough for a second. I'll have to thank her SPECIAL the next time I see her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for doing so many fun things with my kids. They had a blast!

    ReplyDelete