Friday, July 17, 2009

Meet Misty and Kiki

Sadie and Misty
Cousin Katherine and Kiki

After much thought and prayer our family finally added two new cats to our family. We are right next to a school and we have a terrible vole problem. If you don't know what that is, it is a rodent. Very similar to mice but they make shallow tunnels all over your yard and will ruin your garden.

This year it is particularly bad since we are the only family without some sort of pet. And we needed a long term solution because we are going to re-do our yard this fall or next spring.

My children were very excited to get two pets in the process. I don't know why cats get such a bad reputation. They have been the easiest pet I have ever had. They do have to be outside because I am allergic but the maintenance is awesome. We have tried dogs and it has been a full time job. I am very happy with our decision.

Our cats are still very young and we are conditioning them to outside so we don't know yet how they will be at catching all those voles but I am crossing my fingers.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with that - I am trying to find a pet that will get rid of earwigs, ants and snails - got any ideas??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats are the BEST!!! They are the most low maintenance pet. You can leave them home if you go on vacation. They kill rodents and insects. They are soft and usually nice. They are fun to play with. Indoor cat boxes aren't that bad, outdoor is even better. Make sure to get them fixed though.

    ReplyDelete