Friday, June 12, 2009

I Love Rain


It has rained for almost a week. I have enjoyed the wet weather. I love thunder and lightning. David and I sat outside watching the gray clouds roll in and the lightning in the distance. We liked counting until the thunder boomed. And then the big drops started pounding down. It makes my home seem cozy and safe. And who doesn't love a cup of hot chocolate when it's cold and gray outside.

It also let me put my garden and yard on pause while I caught up on some much needed house cleaning. I was able to not feel guilty that I wasn't weeding or working on our very neglected yard. And I didn't have to water the garden once this week. After a good dose of rain my garden takes off. So I am glad I was able to enjoy a week of cool weather before the summer heat kicks in.

1 comment:

  1. I love the rain too. We got some at the beginning of the week. We had coco and stove top s'mores.

    ReplyDelete