Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sweet Ride...

So a year and a half ago we were blessed to get this van. Now I know what you are thinking and the answer is yes I am too young to be driving one of these babies. But they are a sweet ride. My daughter would say otherwise. In fact she would rather walk a block than to have us drop her off in front of her friend's house or at school.

About a year and a half ago our car died. It had given us everything it had and wouldn't go anymore. We didn't know what to do. I was pregnant and the plan was to not have me work but we needed a car. We didn't have room in our budget for a car payment. But we had to have transportation.

We started looking and nothing was looking too great. We wanted something that would last and yes we needed a big car because we had five kids and one more on the way. Steve's dad had us look at this van. My first reaction no way. That is a box on wheels. I am too young to be caught dead in one of those. Never, ever had I imagined driving a van like that. But then we got inside.

Heaven! So much space. If the kids got too out of hand I could send them to their corner of the van. And the trunk was so roomy I could fit an apartment in it (or have a great yard sale weekend).

So I think of our van like our house. Don't judge it by the outside because the inside is so nice. And my daughter will grow out of her teen years and realize our van is not the cause of all her social embarrassment. I feel very blessed to have our van.

1 comment:

  1. I love your van too. I am so glad that your family can have it. I can totally relate to how Sadie feels. There was more than one time that Mom and Dad brought home cars, even after all the older kids were married and gone, that I took one look and burst into tears. What a blessing to have such a great car!

    ReplyDelete