Sunday, March 22, 2009

Let the Bargains Begin

The weather is warming up and that means yard sale season has begun. Hooray! I love yard sales it's my favorite hobby. You can find the best stuff at the cheapest prices. It makes it hard to buy anything at the D.I. because you can get such a good deal at yard sales. So if you are new to yard sale shopping here are my tips.

1. Shop the east side. I always shop 700 East or higher and 9000 South or further south. KSL classifieds is the best place to find yard sales. The newspaper has a few. Map out your route. If you need something do a search for that item and try to hit those yard sales first. Example: baby clothes. Hot item and you want to try and get there first so you can have the best selection.
2. Shop on a budget. Don't just take a pile of cash. If you only have 10 dollars, take 10 dollars. Which brings me to my next tip.
3. Shop with small bills. I don't like to haggle a lot so if I have lots of one dollar bills I will pull out a couple and offer what's in my hand. Make sense?
4. Plan ahead. I always have a mental note of what I am wanting most. Such as, baby clothes, camping equipment, maybe a food processor. That way if I have something in mind I just won't blow my little bit of cash. And I won't be so shy to offer a lower price.
5. Get rid of stuff. If you buy something to add to your home try to get rid of something. Otherwise you will be over-run with clutter.



3 comments:

  1. Welcome to Blogger World!! I am so happy you joined in!! I loved all of you posts!! Keep posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog looks great! I loved what you have done. If you ever want someone to go with you to the yard sales I would love to go--I always love a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see you in our world. I love a good yard sale they are just hard to get to when you have to haul 4 kids around, because hubby works like every Saturday :(

    ReplyDelete