Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Stop and Pick the Daisylions




Today the sun was out!  I made a goal with my sisters to increase my exercise to 5 days a week.  I decided to take the boys on a walk.  So it was early afternoon, we ate lunch and headed out.  I searched and searched but I couldn't find my double stroller.  Where did it go?  Then I remembered my sister took the boys to Wheeler Farm last week.  So she must have it in her trunk.  Darn it.  I had a goal to keep and I did not want this to stop me.

Then I remembered our old rickety red wagon.  I loaded the boys and we were on our way.  Pulling is definitely harder than pushing.  But it would give me a better workout.

The wagon is lower to the ground than the stroller.  So David could see all the dandelions growing and he would have me stop so he could pick "flowers" for me several times along the way.  I told him several times they were dandelions but he would forget their name and call them daisylions.  I decided that word was too cute to keep correcting so we called them daisylions.  It would be far too soon that he would remember they were really dandelions and his cute word miss-pronunciation would be gone. 

It's a little scary walking in the afternoon.  There are lots of dogs and they like to bark at us.  We only encountered one dog that was loose.  It was a tiny little black dog but it was keeping it's territory safe.  We had our trusty sticks in case the man-eating-dog got too close. After our walk we took my beautiful bouquet of flowers home and put them in water.  Too bad they are obnoxious weeds.  Dandelions are very bright and cheerful.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of daisylions! What a patient mom you are to stop that many times!

    ReplyDelete