Thursday, April 7, 2011

David What Are You Doing?

So today Elijah and David were jumping out on the tramp while I was fixing my hair.  Anna was in the kitchen and would look out the back door every so often to make sure they were okay.  After a few minutes I heard Anna yell out the door to David that he needed to put his pants back on.  I was quite surprised to hear her say that since David was fully dressed when he went out plus the wind was blowing in a storm so it was chilly outside.

I waited a minute to hear what was going on and again I heard Anna tell David to put his pants on.  I came out of the bathroom to find out more about the situation. "Anna, what is going on?" I asked.  "I don't know I just looked out there and David is jumping without his pants or underwear on."  Anna replied.

Anna then went out to help David re-dress himself.  When she came back in I asked what happened.  Anna said she asked David why he had taken his pants and underwear off.   David replied to her question by saying "I had to go to potty.  Oh I mean they just fell off." 

David has learned at such a young age to try to lie when he thinks he will get in trouble.  David has tried before to pee outside and I have told him how animals go to the bathroom outside but people go potty inside.  So hence he tried to cover his tracks for the pants issue because he knew I would be unhappy.  We live right next to the school.  Our backyard fence shares the same fence as the school plus it is chain link.  So I am lucky that the school children were not at recess when this happened.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the joys of young children. :)

    He looks just like Lexi to me in that picture.

    ReplyDelete