Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Homecoming


It's hard to believe Emily is dating age. In true teenager form Emily was asked to Homecoming just days before the dance. She scrambled to get things together for the big night. Emily and I don't seem to speak the same language so I am never clear of her plans and I was left clueless how the evening was supposed to go.

To make a long story short Steve and I ended up being their double date. It sounds a lot worse than it was. We casually entered the dance several couples after them and sat on the side enjoying apple juice and cookies as they danced.

I have to say I am so proud of Emily's modesty. That night there were so many girls who were scantily dressed. I asked myself, "Where are their mothers?" Emily shone along with the other girls that were modest and were examples of latter-day saint young women.

Afterward we accompanied them to Applebee's for dinner. We offered to dine separate but they wanted us to eat with them. I think they were actually happy we ate dinner with them because it helped the conversation flow. It was Emily's first "real" date. Although she was not thrilled with us accompanying them she was a good sport. I am proud of the way she handled things.

2 comments:

  1. She looks so pretty. Love the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad all 4 of you had a good time! She looks beautiful. She is such a great girl!

    ReplyDelete