Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Preschool Trip to the Humane Society



So this year I am doing a co-op preschool with my sister and we are having so much  fun.  This week our theme was pets and we had a field trip at the Human Society.  It was so nice when we went.  It wasn't busy so we had plenty of time to hold some cats and pet some dogs.

The Human Society had a little presentation for our group.  A worker talked to our children about different pets and then brought in a few animals for them to pet.  I was able to capture a few pictures with the rat when I remembered I had a camera on my phone.

Then the worker brought in her own dog that can do tricks, and had her dog do them for the us.  It was so cute to see the kids laugh when the dog "played dead".

Then she taught our preschoolers pet safety so they could prevent getting bit by a dog or scratched by a cat.

It was a fun trip me and my boys loved it.  We fell in love with a big gray, lop-eared bunny.  In fact, me the anti-pet person called back to see if the bunny was still available and someone had adopted it.  So sad but at least it saved me from having a new pet.

No comments:

Post a Comment