Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Room Makeover

We decided to buy new bunk beds for Anna and Lexie and use their old bunk beds for Elijah and David.  The bunk bed arrived on Saturday and Anna put them together all by herself.  She is becoming quite the handyman (handy-woman) that is.  She has been a big help to Steve with all our home improvements we have done this month. 
The girls also got new bed sets.  Cute, aren't they. 
To complete their room I made a matching valance (hope I spelled that right) out of the extra bed skirt in their bed sets.  Then I used the top sheets of their bed sets to make the curtains.  I am revealing a family secret as I make this post.  And that is I have always hated top sheets and therefore we hardly use them.  Most of the time the sheets were pushed to the bottom of the bed and I would have to pull all the blankets off in order to make the bed.  Therefore the top sheet was eliminated.
Had to add this darling pic.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Go Anna! Oh how I miss my Young Women! And you Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them...the bunkbeds and the new bedding, they look so great! Impressive Anna to put them together, if I ever need help I know who to call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just got the girls new bedding too! Similar colors as well. You've inspired me, I'll do a room post on the girls too. :)

    ReplyDelete