Friday, March 11, 2011

It's Like Riding a Bike


So as of this week I now have a bike to ride.  It is totally old fashioned and comfy.  I never quite understood the saying... it's like riding a bike until now.  I haven't ridden a bike for years and the whole peddling thing came right back.  But oh my gosh, biking is hard.  It wasn't until yesterday I found out that if you travel East to West to my house it is a steady incline the entire time.

And I could barely make it home after my first ride.  But I am excited to start riding.  I developed plantar fasciitis after having Elijah.  If you do not know that term it is simply means I damaged the tendons on the bottom of my feet and it can be very painful to do any activity that requires a lot of time on my feet.  So for exercising that narrows the choices.  I already swim and now I can bike too.  I am sure I will have biking adventures to blog about as I tackle this new feat.

2 comments:

  1. We just got that bike for Abbey! I love it. I might get myself one. Oh, and guess who's getting a gastric bypass this year....ME!! I'm so excited. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does cover it. I'm going to start my 90 day pre surgery diet plan and doctor visits in a week or so. After that I can schedule a surgery date. Yay! So excited. They also cover plastics for any skin removal.

    ReplyDelete