Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July Weekend

I loved having the 4th be on the Sunday.  We were able to celebrate Independence Day the entire weekend, rather than just one day.  On Saturday we watched fireworks at Murray Park.  I wish I had gotten pictures of that.  It was so fun.  I just loved having my children snuggled up next to me as the loud booms went off.  There is nothing better than hearing your children ooh and ah at the beautiful fireworks. 
On Sunday we had a BBQ with Grandma and Grandpa Colbert.  I had to miss out on that one.  Lexie was sick and we stayed home. But we got to watch a movie and hang out. 
On Monday our family's big tradition is to have a big breakfast in the park, have an Independence Day devotional and then play until the afternoon. 
The weather was perfect and we played and played until  Elijah couldn't stand it anymore and needed to be napped. 
That evening we BBQ'd at my sister's house and then watched her fireworks and watched the kids with their sparklers.  It was a busy, exhausting day but very fun.  Man I love the 4th of July.  And I love this country.  I love being able to reflect on how blessed I am to be in this country that God has preserved for my family.  I am very blessed and am thankful for those who have fought to keep this country free.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like an awesome weekend. We stayed at home and played with fireworks at night.

    Sorry I haven't commented much on your blog in the last months. I'm so happy for you that Steve finally graduated. :) We have two years. (wah wah wah) I really excited that your family went to Disneyland! You so deserved it and it looks like you guys loved it.

    Miss you.

    ReplyDelete